Making Facebook Ad Retargeting Work For Your Business
What if there was an advertising tool out there that could ensure more conversions and a better click-through and response rate, all the while generating more positive reactions and a surge in related search queries? It’s possible, through ad retargeting. Now, imagine if you could combine it with one of the world’s most popular and influential social media platforms. It’s time you introduced Facebook advert retargeting into your business’s current digital marketing efforts.
How does ad retargeting in Facebook work?
Ever browsed a website looking for something and abandoned your search – only to log into Facebook and see an advert for the exact thing you were looking at? This is Facebook retargeting at work. Facebook has made the process of integrating retargeting easy by creating ‘pixels’ which let you target audiences that are relevant to your business, leading to more conversions at a lower cost.
What is Facebook Pixel?
Facebook Pixel is an analytics tool that you set up and install into your website’s code that tracks and measures actions that audiences perform on your website, so you can see how effective your advertising efforts are. It allows you to track who visits a certain page or is interested in a certain product to create a ‘Lookalike Audience’ of potential customers. You can then set up automatic bidding to target this group and see the direct results of your efforts in terms of conversions and sales.
What are some specific situations where Facebook remarketing can benefit me?
When using Facebook Pixel, you’ll be able to remarket to audiences in a variety of occasions such as when people have recently visited your business website or Facebook page, spent time on a specific website page, or engaged with content via your Facebook page. These aren’t the only features – Using a Pixel, you can also remarket your ads to potential customers who have watched a video on your Facebook page in the past 365 days, which makes it an excellent tool for seasonal offerings.
How can I make the most of my Facebook retargeting efforts?
While Facebook will make it easy to install tracking pixels and starting tracking and measurement, they won’t tell you exactly how you can increase your odds of success. With plenty of experience, we can, so here are a few pointers worth following:
- This might seem obvious, but it’s still worth stating: Make your adverts look good! Pay attention to your wording and spelling and use quality images and graphics in your posts.
- It is important that you don’t introduce new content by only using Facebook. You should ideally post new content onto your website first, then use social media to share this content, which will help you to rank more organically for more keywords. Afterwards, you can start remarketing and retargeting users who have read or watched your new content. Use action buttons like “learn more” or “read more” to help get users to your website.
- Keep an eye on your ad relevancy score metric. The higher this score is, the better your ads are, as it means that they are working! Better still, ads with a higher relevancy tend to cost less as well.
- Facebook is fast being given a run for its money from image-based platform Instagram and it’s estimated that 60% of brand awareness is happening here. As Facebook owns Instagram, it’s pretty easy and straightforward to display ads there as well.
- Finally, ensure that your adverts link back to your website. This way you can retarget on the Google network as well as Facebook. A lot of advertisers now opt for an action button to the messenger app to contact directly from Facebook ads. This approach is also worth trying, but keep in mind to always monitor success by running tests and working out what approach is the most efficient for your business niche.
Types of Remarketing:
You can use these following methods to create remarketing campaigns
- Data from visitors who engaged with ads on your website
- Utilising your customer database lists to target your current customers or leads list
- Retargeting using audience and interest groups data that is specific to your business location and niche
- Utilising data gained from people who visited your Facebook page, or from people who like and follow your Facebook page
- Data gained from App users engaging with ads and content
Facebook remarketing is a simple process that can provide you with an achievable and sustainable ROI. If you need a little guidance on getting started or with your digital marketing in general, you can always contact RCS for assistance.
Trackback from your site.